Your name: Troy Hansel
Your Organization: Independent
Level of experience: Coach
Experience with the Open Standards:
- First exposed to adaptive management in 2000 while helping WCS Lao Office build a conceptual model for the organizations site-based conservation portfolio.
- From 2003 to 2011 used adaptive management principles as described in Measure of Success to develop a comprehensive systematic approach for site-based conservation programs at Nam Et Phou Louey National Protected Area.
- Used the OS to design a RARE Pride Campaign for tigers and their prey at Nam Et Phou Louey National Protected Area.
- Formally trained in the OS in 2015.
- Conducted six OS workshops to update management plans in three Lao National Protected Areas 2015-2017.
- Conducted OS workshops with the planning team of the Nam Chouane – Nam Xang Biodiversity Offset Site to develop a 10 year management plan.
- Completed the OS Coaches Training November 2018.
Self assessment of current level of coaching skills:
Category 1: able to coach a site team in workshop setting with trainer coach (Category 4) present: Yes
Category 2: able to coach site team independently with access to (remote) back-up: Yes
Category 3: able to coach site team and provide other coaches with (remote) back-up: No
Category 4: able to coach teams, to coach coaches, to provide training: No